GOOGLE CLASSROOM (New)
Dear Parents and Carers,
As unfortunately these strange times are continuing for an increased time, we are going to begin using Google Classroom so that you will be able to have more regular contact with your child’s class teacher.
We hope you have enjoyed the previous resources and made the most out of our You Tube channel! We will continue to update these with anything that might be useful to you all as time goes on. There are now new videos from OT Kirsty, Lizzie, Teacher Sue, Teacher Sammie and school dog Bentley! Follow the link to our YouTube channel:
Check out school dog Bentley’s blog and some ideas to keep moving under the new tabs in home learning.
Please remember that there still continues to be no pressure on you as families to home-school! This is a difficult enough time for you all as families without having to worry about home education if it is something that will not work for you. If you do not want to access Google Classroom that is absolutely fine. We will still continue to make keeping in touch calls with all families regularly regardless of whether you are using Google Classroom or not.
If you would like to use Google Classroom, then please follow the instructions below to do so. You can familiarise yourself with the idea of this on-line learning platform now; your individual login details will be sent via Text on Friday 24th April.
As we get used to Google Classroom, teachers will be uploading new resources weekly, on a Friday. These resources will be for the whole class. Once you have joined the classroom teachers will also be able to offer some suggested activities that will help you work towards your child’s OWL targets and Shenstone Stepping Stones. Please do let the teachers know how you are getting on so that they can amend targets and set new activities as and when they are needed.
Please be aware that teachers will only respond during school hours and that even during this pandemic, they still have other teaching and learning commitments, so they will get back to you as soon as they can.
Who to contact:
- Technical issues or questions regarding Google Classroom or home learning - Heather Jolly, Deputy Head Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office.
- Communication- Sam and Sarah, Speech and language therapists: email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupational therapy and sensory processing –CRAYFORD SITE OT Kirsty OT Kirsty Richards email@example.com
- SIDCUP SITE OT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physiotherapy IF YOUR CHILD IS SEEN BY LESLEY email@example.com stating it is for the attention of Lesley Hopkins, physiotherapist .
- For any other Support call the school office or contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The government has also recently released some new guidance with suggestion of various website and resources: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/help-children-with-send-continue-their-education-during-coronavirus-covid-19?utm_source=2e5b55a3-a70c-4ef9-9d11-f63b6d452437&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate
If you do not have access to on-line learning, please contact Heather and we will look to see how we might be able to support as a school.