Shenstone School Equal Opportunities Statement
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010, Shenstone School aims to ensure that no one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability that they may have; their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation.
Shenstone School is committed to equality. This commitment is reinforced as:
- we do our best to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- we make sure the school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone to feel happy and reach their full potential.
- we recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- we recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- we do our best to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking with pupils, parents and carers, and through our School Council.
Please see the link below for our Diversity Equal Opportunities and Inclusion Policy: