Equality and Diversity
Please find our policy at the bottom of the page.
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010, Shenstone School aims to ensure that no one experiences less favourable treatment, harassment, victimisation or discrimination.
There are nine protected characteristics that the Act protects us from.
- Gender reassignment
- Religion or belief
- Marriage or civil partnership
- Sexual orientation
- Pregnancy and maternity
- We do our best to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We make sure the school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone to feel happy and reach their full potential.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We do our best to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking with pupils, parents and carers, and through our School Council.
The nine protected characteristics are promoted through our…
School development plan
Role modelling by adults
The resources used in the curriculum
Our engagement with parents
British values embedded throughout the curriculum, days of observance and British celebrations
Our engagement with outside agencies
The children’s personalised communication systems
Religious Education (RE)
Relationship and Heath Education (RHE)
Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
Sporting, Art and Cultural events
Visits out into the local community
Embedding the nine characteristics promotes:
Self-esteem and self confidence
Valuing our differences
Respect for other cultures
An acceptance of other people’s beliefs and opinions
An understanding of the importance of identifying and combating discrimination
Click here for more information on the 9 characteristics in primary Schools from the School Alliance UK https://safeschoolsallianceuk.net/
|Equality policy non staff||03rd Jan 2023||Download|