Relationships & Health Education (RHE)
Relationships and Health Education
At Shenstone School we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of all our pupils, staff and parents/carers.
We have high expectations for all our pupils and strive to ensure that their individual
needs, interests and abilities are recognised and met. Our Shenstone Values are at
the core of all we do.
Our core purpose is to:
- Encourage and celebrate achievement for pupils at every opportunity.
- Provide a safe and happy learning environment for everyone and to provide opportunities and experiences for the children to build self-esteem and confidence.
- Help children to create and maintain positive relationships.
- Promote a sense of teamwork across the entire school community.
- Work to engage and be a positive influence within the local community.
Delivering the Curriculum
At Shenstone School the Relationships and Health Education Policy is taught
through the EYFS Framework and our bespoke Shenstone Stepping Stone
Curriculum, especially focusing on delivery through PSED and Science.
Relationships Education focuses on teaching the fundamental building blocks and
characteristics of positive relationships including:
- Families and people who care for me
- Caring friendships
- Respectful relationships
- Online relationships
- Being safe
See the link to our RHE Policy below.