Friends of Shenstone
Welcome to the Friends of Shenstone section.
- Chair - Faye Bearsby
- Vice Chair - Olimpia Erdogan
- Treasurer - Chris Warner
- Staff Treasurer - Angela Hibbitt
- Social Secretary - Leah Warner
Committee members; Laura, Sarah J, Sarah S, Laura C & Claire
We always welcome new committee members and volunteers!
Shenstone School is an all-through (special primary and secondary) school for children who have severe and or complex learning difficulties within the London Borough of Bexley. We are one of two special schools within The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). In addition to their severe learning difficulties some of the pupils have autism, physical disabilities, sensory difficulties, medical needs, and/or challenging behaviours. All pupils have a communication difficulty.
We believe that every pupil has an entitlement to develop to their full potential.
The school works hard to:
- Provide appropriate teaching which makes learning challenging, enjoyable and successful for all
- Help pupils to develop their life and social skills
- Provide equality of educational opportunity
- Develop a culture of tolerance, acceptance and mutual respect where all are valued
- Set suitable challenges for all
- Respond appropriately to children’s diverse learning needs.
Friends of Shenstone provides equipment for the school, through regular fund raising events.
Every year we maintain the specially adapted mini-buses (and fund new vehicles when necessary), run fun activities that the children and families can enjoy together, and replace old equipment so that the children benefit from the advances of new technology.
Our current aim is to replace the playground equipment, which needs updating, and to fund more specialist outside play equipment so that all the children can enjoy the playground.
|Friends of Shenstone Minutes 20 Jan 20||26th Feb 2020||Download|
|Friends of Shenstone AGM Follow Up Lette...||27th Nov 2020||Download|
|Friends of Shenstone Virtual Committee M...||15th Nov 2021||Download|
|Friends of Shenstone Virtual Committee M...||07th Jan 2022||Download|
|Friends of Shenstone AGM 8.3.22 Minutes||17th Mar 2022||Download|
|Friends of Shenstone AGM 14.3.23 Minutes||17th Mar 2023||Download|