Friends of Shenstone
Welcome to the Friends of Shenstone section.
- Chair - Chris Warner
- Vice Chair - Christiana Okorodudu
- Treasurer - Robert Bearsby
- Staff Treasurer - Angela Hibbitt
- Secretary - Leah Warner
We always welcome new committee members and volunteers.
Shenstone School is a co-educational maintained special school for pupils aged between 2 to 11 years serving the London Borough of Bexley.
In addition to their severe learning difficulties some of the pupils have autism, physical disabilities, sensory difficulties, medical needs, and/or challenging behaviours. All pupils have a communication difficulty.
We believe that every pupil has an entitlement to develop to their full potential.
The school works hard to:
- Provide appropriate teaching which makes learning challenging, enjoyable and successful for all
- Help pupils to develop their life and social skills
- Provide equality of educational opportunity
- Develop a culture of tolerance, acceptance and mutual respect where all are valued
- Set suitable challenges for all
- Respond appropriately to children’s diverse learning needs.
Friends of Shenstone provides equipment for the school, through regular fund raising events.
Every year we maintain the specially adapted mini-buses (and fund new vehicles when necessary), run fun activities that the children and families can enjoy together, and replace old equipment so that the children benefit from the advances of new technology.
Our current aim is to replace the playground equipment, which needs updating, and to fund more specialist outside play equipment so that all the children can enjoy the playground.